Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:50Cook Time
- 1 small butternut squash (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain and wild rice
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. mango chutney
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so it sits flat.
- Place cut side down in an 11×7-in. baking dish; add 1/2 in. of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up.
- When cooled, scoop out pulp, leaving about a 1/4-in. shell.
- In a bowl, combine the pulp, rice, cheese, cranberries, chutney, onion, curry powder, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper.
- Spoon into squash shells. Dot with butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender.