Peppered Pineapple and Brown Sugar Rum Smoked Brie Wheel
- 00:45Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 1 small cedar plank (for the barbecue); soaked for 30 minutes in water
- 1 (8 oz) triple cream brie wheel (room temperature)
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple; drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon minced Serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Chef’s Blend Seasoned Pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- crunch bread or crackers, for serving
- Heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Place brie wheel on soaked cedar plank.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, brown sugar, rum, chile and pepper blend.
- Spoon over top of brie wheel and place on barbecue grate.
- Close lid and cook for 20 minutes until brie is soft and oozing
- Transfer to a serving plate and scatter with pine nuts and basil.
- Serve with crunchy bread rounds or crackers.