One-Skillet Sausage Mac and Cheese
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 1 lb pork sausage
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bell red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 18 oz water
- 18 oz marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet cook sausage on medium heat, until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- Add diced bell peppers, dried elbow macaroni, marinara sauce, and water.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until macaroni is tender, occasionally stirring.
- Add half and half, sprinkle with cheese and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and mix everything well.
- Remove from heat, cover and let it sit for about 2 minutes.