Caprese Chicken Lasagna
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:40Cook Time
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 5 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until very al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken with dried oregano and Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and half the garlic to pan and stir until combined. Transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet over medium heat, add butter. Let melt, then add remaining half garlic and cook 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more.
- Add milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes, then add 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, and top with about a third of ricotta mixture, a third of tomatoes, a third of the basil, a third of the cooked chicken, another layer of sauce, and a third of mozzarella. Repeat with three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 35 minutes. Garnish with more basil and serve.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.