Spicy Shrimp Tacos are a delicious and quick meal, made with tender shrimp, spicy seasonings, and served in a soft tortilla with fresh toppings.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos
8-12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp (fresh or frozen/thawed)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 1/8 tsp Johnny's Seasoned Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded/chopped cabbage
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp. Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- fresh chopped cilantro, to taste
- Clean and peel shrimp, defrosting if needed.
- Set prepped shrimp in the fridge, covered while you make your slaw and sauce.
- For the Sriracha Ranch, simply whisk together both ingredients.
- For the Cilantro Lime Slaw, remove the stem/seeds/ribs from the jalapeño, cut into strips and mince.
- Combine with cabbage, apple cider vinegar, honey, Johnny's Seasoning Salt, and Seasoned Pepper. Cut your lime in half and add juice of half the lime into your slaw.
- Slice the remaining half into wedges for your tacos. Adjust honey to taste and set aside to marinate while you cook the shrimp.
- Pat shrimp dry and season with paprika, cayenne, garlic, Johnny's Seasoning Salt, and Seasoned Pepper. Mix well to coat both sides.
- Heat a large pan or skillet to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp. of oil and sauté your shrimp. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes until shrimp curl and become opaque.
- Place your shrimp on a cutting board and chop into smaller pieces.
- Line your corn tortillas with shrimp and top with a hearty drizzle of sauce. Double up on corn tortillas if desired to prevent breakage.
- Top with slaw, serve with lime wedges, and enjoy!