It's time to enjoy some pasta!
Creamy Tomato & Chorizo Pasta
- 10 oz. dried rigatoni or penne
- 3 1/2 oz. chorizo, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 can cherry tomatoes (13oz)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (13oz)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 oz. fresh basil, torn
- 3 oz. light soft cheese
1 tsp. Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny's Seasoned Pepper
3 Tbsp. Johnny's Parmesan Garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Drain and set to one side.
- Heat a large dry ovenproof frying pan on a high heat and cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes, until it starts to crisp. Add the garlic and chicken and fry for 5 minutes, to brown.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then add 3/4 of the oregano, 1/2 of the basil, the soft cheese, Johnny's Seasoning Salt and Johnny's Seasoned Pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Add the pasta and mix well. Scatter on the mozzarella and the rest of the oregano.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with the Johnny's Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and remaining basil. Serve warm and enjoy!