It's time to fry some shrimp this summer!
Coconut Lime Fried Shrimp
- In a medium bowl combine the Panko, shredded coconut, flour, crushed red pepper, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- In another smaller bowl whisk together the eggs and butter milk.
- Dip the shrimp into the eggs and then dredge the shrimp through the Panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place the shrimp on a plate and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Add enough canola oil or coconut oil to cover the bottom of a large heavy bottom skillet and heat to 350 degrees F or medium heat.
- Fry the shrimp in batches flipping after 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the shrimp on a paper towel lined plate, repeat with the remaining shrimp.