A comforting side dish made from sweet corn kernels cooked in a creamy, buttery sauce, offering a rich and savory flavor
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon Johnny's Seasoning Salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the corn kernels to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the corn is heated through.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine. Allow it to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the cream begins to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy and smooth.
- Season the corn mixture with Johnny's Seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and added flavor.
- Serve the creamy garlic Parmesan corn hot as a side dish or as a delicious topping for grilled chicken or pasta.