White Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
- 12 plump chicken wings (tips removed and cut at the joint)
- juice of 1 lemon (plus extra for grilling, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Organic Pepper
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinade & Wing Sauce; divided
- 2 teaspoons white Worcestershire sauce for chicken
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon creamy horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place chicken in a large (non-reactive) bowl of cold water along with the juice of lemon.
- Swish pieces around and then dry on paper towel and sprinkle with pepper.
- Return chicken to the (rinsed) bowl; set aside.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup of Johnny’s marinade in a separate (smaller) bowl along with Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, horseradish sauce and brown sugar.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour over chicken; mix gently so that all chicken pieces are coated with the white barbecue sauce.
- Chill for 2 hours then allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, mixing occasionally.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a large baking side (you will want only one layer of chicken) and bake for 25 minutes.
- Finish the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes, turning pieces to brown on both sides (this can also be done under the broiler).
- Transfer chicken to a warmed serving platter.
- Heat the remaining 1/3 cup wing sauce and drizzle over the wings. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- To char lemons, cut in half and place fruit side down on the grill for 3-4 minutes; serve with chicken.
Yield: 24 pieces.