Vegetable, Cheese Frittata
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, removed from the shell
- 1 1/2 cup fresh asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Beat eggs and cottage cheese on medium speed for five minutes in a stand mixer. Then add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Blanch the snow peas, asparagus, and spinach in boiling salted water for one minute, then immediately transfer to ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled, strain and squeeze out water from veggies.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet over high heat. When hot, melt butter in the pan.
- Once butter is melted, reduce heat to medium and add egg mixture and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, then add your blanched vegetables.
- Then top with sliced green onions, and finally with crumbled goat cheese.
- Once the egg mixture has cooked on the stove for 5-6 minutes, transfer to the preheated oven and cook until golden brown about 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.