Tortellini Soup with Sausage & Spinach
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box of vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 9-oz. package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 baguette
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Saute until onions are soft.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan and top with Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Butter one side and place butter side down in a hot skillet until golden brown. Flip bread slices over and sprinkle with Parmesan and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning while the other side gets golden brown. Transfer to a plate and immediately cover loosely with foil if the cheese has not completely melted.