Tiger Prawns over Angel Hair
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
Fourteen 21/25 count Tiger Prawns
One red onion
Crimini, Shiitake, and Oyster mushrooms
Angel hair pasta
“Johnny’s Seafood Seasoning”
Prepare “Bourbon Sauce” from the following sub-recipe.
1 tblsp Butter
2 tblsp finely minced onion
3 tblsp ketchup
1 tblsp molasses
2 tblsp brown sugar
1 teasp worchestershire sauce
1 teasp regular yellow mustard
Pinch ground black pepper
Pinch chili powder
2 ounces bourbon
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except bourbon and simmer on med-low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add bourbon and cook until heated thoroughly. Set aside for later use in recipe.
- Slice wild mushrooms and red onion, place into hot pan with olive oil for sauteing.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil until just about done.
- Add Tiger Prawns and season lightly with “Johnny’s Seafood Seasoning Salt”.
- Cook prawns until almost done all the way through, this should take only a few minutes.
- Add bourbon sauce from above recipe and continue to heat for two minutes, this is to finish cooking the prawns and to heat the sauce throughly, glazing the prawns.
- Cook Angel Hair Pasta (also called Capellini) in boiling salted water until “al dente”.
- Do not overcook pasta. Place into suitable dish.
- Pour glazed hot prawns mixture over Angel hair pasta.
- Arrange prawns neatly around edge of bowl.
- Garnish edge of bowl with any colorful vegetables. Serve and enjoy!
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.