Johnny’s Thin Crust Pizza
- 01:00Prep Time
- 00:12Cook Time
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. yeast
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 cups flour
1 pizza serves: 4
* You can either bake this on a large cookie sheet or an 12×15 inch jelly roll pan.
* If you are only making one pizza now you can freeze the other dough for later use. Grease the inside of a ziploc bag with cooking spray, drop the dough ball in and seal. To use later: take the dough out in the morning or at lunch time and allow to thaw at room temperature (it needs approximately 5-6 hours). Remove from bag and proceed as usual.
- Stir together water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over top. Let proof for 10 min.
- Stir in oil, salt, vinegar and 2 cups flour until well incorporated.
- Add additional flour and knead until pliable and barely sticky.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Once doubled. Punch down and divide into two portions.
- Roll and stretch each piece of dough to cover a large un-greased baking sheet. Cover with pizza sauce and toppings of choice.
- Bake at 500ºF for 10-12 min. until browned and bubbly.
Load with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings, and finish it off by a few generous shakes of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt (or your favorite Johnny’s seasoning).