Sweet Potato Parsnip Latkes
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium-sized leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 lb parsnips
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup matzo meal
- 1/2-1 cups canola oil for frying
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and saute, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened about 10 minutes.
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and parsnips. Grate, and place in a large bowl. Add the Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper, nutmeg, feta, egg and matzo meal. Stir to combine then mix in the cooked leeks.
- Pour the canola oil to a depth of 1/2” in a frying pan. Heat the oil over a medium flame until hot. Shape 3 Tbsp. of the latke mixture into a round shape and place in the oil. Flatten slightly to form a small pancake. Repeat as many times as your pan space allows.
- Cook the latkes until well-browned, about 5-7 minutes, then flip and brown the other side.
- These latkes are more delicate than standard potato pancakes, so be delicate.
- When the second side has cooked, place on a plate lined with brown paper, stacking as needed. Serve warm and enjoy!