Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 00:30Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup drained sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into four pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- With a paring knife, cut a 1-inch-long slit in the thick side of each breast.
- Insert knife, and without enlarging the opening, carefully work around inside to form a pocket (make sure you do not go through the other side).
- On a cutting board, pile basil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, zest, 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, and 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and finely chop all ingredients.
- Divide mixture evenly, and spoon into breast pockets, spreading it around.
- Insert one piece of cheese into each breast pocket.
- Close pockets, using 2 – 3 toothpicks per breast.
- Arrange skin side up on baking sheet.
- Rub with olive oil, and season generously with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Organic Pepper.
- Cook until well browned and temperature reads 165 degrees about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes; remove toothpicks and serve warm.