Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 00:15Prep Time
- 01:00Cook Time
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle acorn squash halves with 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil per squash half. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a large sauté pan with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Add the sausage and brown. Add the onion, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped thyme and rosemary. Stir in the quinoa, apples, and dried cranberries. Season with salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into the roasted acorn squash halves. Top with parmesan cheese, Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!