Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- 4 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz. block cream cheese (light or reduced fat), at room temp
- 6 oz. bottled or canned artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
For The Chicken:
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface.
- Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
- With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
For The Dip Filling:
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach. Discard the water released.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and Johnny’s Seasoning Salt; mix well to combine.
- Fill chicken with 1-2 Tbsp. of the spinach artichoke dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Seal with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the filling inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and fry until golden. Rotate and fry on the other side, covering pan with a lid, until cooked through. About 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serve warm and enjoy.