Spinach and Garlic Omelet
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:05Cook Time
- 2 ounces baby spinach or stemmed, washed
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or puréed
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 3 tsp. milk
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- Wash the spinach and wilt in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drain, allow to cool and squeeze out excess water.
- Chop medium-fine and toss with half the garlic and Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper to taste.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and whisk until they are frothy.
- Whisk in the remaining garlic, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper to taste and 2 to 3 tsp. milk.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick omelet pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tsp. olive oil. When the pan is hot, pour the eggs into the middle of the pan. Swirl the pan to distribute the eggs evenly over the surface.
- Shake the pan gently, tilting it slightly with one hand while lifting up the edges of the omelet with the spatula in your other hand, to let the eggs run underneath during the first few minutes of cooking.
- As soon as the eggs are set on the bottom, sprinkle the spinach over the middle of the egg pancake and top with the Parmesan and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning, then jerk the pan quickly away from you then back toward you so that the omelet folds over on itself.
- If you don’t like your omelet runny in the middle, jerk the pan again so that the omelet folds over once more. Cook for a minute or two longer.
- Tilt the pan and roll the omelet out onto a plate. Serve hot and enjoy.
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.