Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 00:20Prep Time
- 08:00Cook Time
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes, softened
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch + 1/2 cup beef broth
- 12 oz. short pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions (egg noodles are traditionally served with stroganoff but penne, macaroni, or spiral all work)
- Lightly grease your slow cooker, then add stew meat and sprinkle Italian seasoning, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper to taste over the top. Add mushrooms, beef broth, garlic, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir cornstarch into 1/2 cup beef broth and stir mixture into slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream to slow cooker then cook another 20-30 minutes on high, stirring occasionally until cream cheese and sour cream are incorporated and sauce is thickened.
- Taste, add salt and pepper to your personal taste if needed, and stir in noodles.
- Serve immediately garnished with Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and fresh thyme.