Sausage and Mushroom Pasta
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. sausage
- 12 oz. mushrooms, cut into 1/4″ slices
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring an stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to al dente package directions.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat drizzle olive oil and sear sausage until golden brown on all sides about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool. cut into 1/4″ slices. Set aside.
- Meanwhile add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and spread mushrooms evenly in the pan; let brown on one side for 3 minutes. Season with 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper.
- Add onions and garlic; sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken stock, and heavy cream; simmer until slightly thickened and reduced, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss in sausage with any leftover juices, cheese, spinach, and parsley.
- Drain pasta and stir together.
- Garnish with parsley and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and enjoy.