- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 1 lb. fresh okra, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp. ghee or bacon drippings, melted
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. smoked hot paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dump the chopped okra in a large bowl. Drizzle the ghee or bacon fat over the okra and toss well to coat each okra evenly.
- Combine the spices and Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt in a small bowl, sprinkle the spice mixture over the okra, and toss well.
- Spread the okra on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes.
- Shake the baking sheet or use a spatula to flip the okra and continue to roast for 5 minutes more.
- Flip the okra again and, if necessary, roast for 5 minutes more, or until the okra is slightly blistered and the spices are lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.