Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:40Cook Time
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 fluid ounce) cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (27 fluid ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 tsp Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 head cauliflower
- Heavy/whipping cream, to taste (optional)
- Sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in a large pot on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pot, stir, and cook for 2 minutes until it smells sweet.
- Add the vegetable broth, pumpkin purée, water, dried thyme, cumin, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper.
- Add the cauliflower in smaller florets.
- With the lid slightly ajar, simmer the soup on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes. Purée the soup in batches using your blender.
- The soup will be quite thick. You can add water to thin it out a bit. Serve with cream if desired.