Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- Pre-made Pizza Dough
- 1/2 lb. roast or sandwich steak, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 5 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large pan to medium/high heat. Add 1/2 Tbsp oil, place steaks in pan and sprinkle steak with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
- Cook for several minutes then add the sliced onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned.
- Don’t overcook the meat and veggies because they will still cook in the oven.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into an approximate 9 x 13-inch rectangle.
- Pour the steak mixture in the center (make sure to leave about 1/2 inch of the dough edges plain so the dough will stick when rolled.)
- Layer the cheese on the steak mixture then fold in the sides and tuck and roll the loaf.
- Place the loaf, seam side down on a greased baking sheet or aluminum foil.
- Beat one egg and brush the outside of the loaf until completely covered with the egg, cut thin 2 inch strips on the top layer of the dough.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately with dipping sauce.