Oven Fried Chicken
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:40Cook Time
- 2 chickens (3 lbs each) cut into 8 serving pieces
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Oil (Vegetable or Canola)
The night before:
Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Flour, seasoning salt, and pepper in large bowl. Make sure it is well mixed.
- Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- Pour the oil into a large heavy bottomed stockpot (or use a deep fryer if you have one). Make sure the oil has a depth of 1 inch and heat to about 360 degrees.
- Carefully place several pieces of chicken in the oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until the coating is a light golden brown. Make sure not to put too many pieces in the pot at once.
- As each piece cooks, remove the chicken from the oil and place each piece on a metal baking rack set on a sheet pan. repeat until all chicken has been fried and placed on pan
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.