Oven Fried Chicken
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:40Cook Time
- 2 chickens (3 lbs each) cut into 8 serving pieces
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Oil (Vegetable or Canola)
The night before:
Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Flour, seasoning salt, and pepper in large bowl. Make sure it is well mixed.
- Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- Pour the oil into a large heavy bottomed stockpot (or use a deep fryer if you have one). Make sure the oil has a depth of 1 inch and heat to about 360 degrees.
- Carefully place several pieces of chicken in the oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until the coating is a light golden brown. Make sure not to put too many pieces in the pot at once.
- As each piece cooks, remove the chicken from the oil and place each piece on a metal baking rack set on a sheet pan. repeat until all chicken has been fried and placed on pan
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside