Mediterranean Steak Flatbread
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1 16-ounce sirloin steak or top sirloin cap
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper, plus more to taste
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 pre-baked naan bread or similar flatbread
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup grated or hand-shaved Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, outer dark green leaves removed, ripped into bite-size pieces
- Preheat grill to medium-high and place a cast iron pan or grill vegetable basket on the grill. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper. Toss tomatoes with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, season with salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper to taste.
- Place sliced mushrooms in the hot pan, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Grill steak in cast iron or directly on the grate to your desired doneness. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium. Brush naan on both sides with remaining olive oil and crisp on the grill, 1 minute per side.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- Spread naan with olive tapenade and top with sliced tomatoes, cooked mushrooms, steak, frisée, and parmesan. If desired, drizzle lightly with additional olive oil and season with salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!