Macaroni and Cheese Bites
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1 cup uncooked dried small shell macaroni
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 10 round butter crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian blend cheese
- 1 large egg (yolk only)
- 1 Tbsp Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook macaroni until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Brush 24 mini muffin cups with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Reserve remaining cracker crumbs; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until sizzling. Whisk in flour.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1-2 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic and cheeses; whisk until melted (sauce will be very thick).
- Remove from heat; whisk in egg yolk and chives. Gently stir in cooked macaroni.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with reserved cracker crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Cool 5 minutes. Gently remove from pan, using table knife to loosen edges, if necessary.