Johnny’s Thanksgiving Cauliflower
- 00:15Prep Time
- 01:30Cook Time
- 1 big head of cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 sage leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2-4 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rub the cauliflower all over with melted butter. Season with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
- Place in cast iron skillet, surrounded by garlic, 4 sage leaves, 2 sprigs of thyme and 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake for 90 minutes until charred in parts and tender throughout, brushing with more melted butter through. Pierce the cauliflower with a paring knife skewer to check the tenderness.
- Make gravy. Chop remaining thyme and rosemary leaves.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until beginning to soften about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and season mixture with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper. Add herbs and cook until the mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add 1-2 cloves of the roasted garlic (skins removed), breaking up the cloves with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in 2 cups of vegetable and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened to your desired consistency. Add more vegetable stock if desired.
- Pour gravy on charred cauliflower and enjoy!
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.