Johnny’s Summer Salad
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:10Cook Time
- 6 small heads of little gem lettuce, leaves ripped apart
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed off and spears shaved
- 1 cup sliced English breakfast radishes (from about 10-15 small radishes)
- 1/3 cup broccoli sprouts (or other sprouts)
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
for Herbed Goat Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- ½ Tbsp. packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 oz. goat cheese
for Herbed Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp. packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Layer the little gem leaves, shaved asparagus, radishes, and sprouts in a large salad bowl.
- Toss the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and pistachio with olive oil and Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and spread them out in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven until lightly browned and fragrant for 10 minutes, tossing the nuts halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the herbed goat cheese. Pulse 1 Tbsp. basil, 1 Tbsp. chives, and 1/2 Tbsp. tarragon in a food processor until finely minced.
- Add the goat cheese and pulse a few times to incorporate. Use a spatula to remove it from the food processor and set in the refrigerator while you prepare the vinaigrette.
- Without cleaning the food processor, pulse the remaining 2 Tbsp. basil, 2 Tbsp. chives, and 1 Tbsp. tarragon in a food processor until finely minced.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients and purée until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the dressing with the greens in the bowl.
- Top with toasted nuts and dot with herbed goat cheese. Serve!