Johnny’s Pumpkin Risotto
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:50Cook Time
- 2 small pumpkins
- 1/2 cup short grain rice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- Handful of parsley
- Slice the tops off the pumpkins and remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and roast in a 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes until the flesh of the pumpkins is soft.
- Add the oil, onion, and garlic to a pot and sauté until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Raise the heat and add a half cup of the stock.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Add another half cup of stock and continue stirring and adding stock until the rice is cooked and creamy.
- Scoop about a half cup of the cooked flesh out of each pumpkin and stir it into the risotto until blended.
- Add the cheese and fresh herbs and season to taste.
- Pour half the risotto into each pumpkin and sprinkle with Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning. Top with its lid, serve hot and enjoy!