Johnny’s Potato Dumplings
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:10Cook Time
- 2 day-old hard rolls
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic
- Tear rolls into 1/2-in. pieces; place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Drizzle with water and squeeze dry.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add bread; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, egg, nutmeg, and bread. Add enough flour to achieve desired consistency to shape into balls.
- With floured hands, shape mixture into 3-in. balls.
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil.
- Carefully add dumplings. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Sprinkle Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic on top of cooked dumplings. Serve warm with butter and enjoy!