Johnny’s Mushroom Stuffing
- 00:35Prep Time
- 00:40Cook Time
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel.
- Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. of drippings.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender.
- Add mushrooms, sage, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley, and bacon.
- Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy the holidays!