Johnny’s French Onion Soup
- 00:35Prep Time
- 03:10Cook Time
- 1 cube butter
- 4 large yellow onions; sliced into half-moons
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Organic Pepper Blend
- 1 (8 oz) jug Johnny’s French Dip Au Jus
- 4 cups hot water
- toasted bread slices (cut 1” thick)
- grated white cheddar cheese
- dried parsley
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; stir in onions.
- Sprinkle onions with pepper and cook for 2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in au jus and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add hot water and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Transfer to oven-safe soup bowls (4 or 6, depending upon the size you choose).
- Place toasted bread over soup and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Place soup bowls on a heavy baking sheet and broil a couple of minutes until cheese has melted and is hot and Bubbly (do not let burn).
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot with a crisp green salad.