Johnny’s Chicken Casserole
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. preferred oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, sliced
- Johnny’s Chicken & Pork Seasoning
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lb. broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (or more)
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add sliced chicken breasts (generously seasoned on both sides with Johnny’s Chicken & Pork Seasoning) and cook on high heat for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. When pasta is about half done, add the broccoli florets. Continue cooking both pasta and broccoli for about 5 more minutes, until pasta is al dente. Reserve some cooked pasta water.
- Add tomato slices to the skillet with chicken. Add half and half and cheese to the skillet, too, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms.
- Add cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of basil, at least 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and stir to combine.
- Add about 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water because the creamy sauce will be too thick (do not add all water at once – you might need less or more of it). This will water down the thickness of the cheese sauce and make it creamier.
- Season the pasta with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, more basil, and more red pepper flakes, to taste, if needed. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes for flavors to combine.
- Serve warm and enjoy!