Johnny’s Beef Stew
- 00:20Prep Time
- 01:45Cook Time
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 shallots, halved
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 qt. chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/2 pound carrots, chopped
- 4 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 5 oz. curly spinach
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until shimmering.
- Season the meat with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and add it to the saucepan in a single layer.
- Cook over fairly high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and shallots and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the saucepan and simmer until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add the peas, spinach and dill and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.