Johnnys Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 Tbsp. water, divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, 2 Tbsp. water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 Tbsp. oil and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.