Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Buns
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half
- 3/4 pound cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected.
- Place the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly layer about half of the ham over the rolls.
- Evenly layer the cheese.
- Evenly layer the remaining ham.
- Add the top ‘slab’ of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the butter mixture over the rolls.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Watch to make sure they don’t burn since all ovens and ingredients vary.
- Slice into individual sliders, sprinkle with Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and serve immediately.
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.