Green Pesto Pasta
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 12 ounces penne (or desired pasta)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 lb. green beans, cut into thirds
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3/4 – 1 cup roasted garlic walnut pesto
- Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a stockpot heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add minced shallot and cook for one minute while stirring.
- Add green beans and asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen peas, and continue to cook while stirring occasionally for another five minutes, or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness.
- Once vegetables are done, add drained cooked pasta and stir to combine. Let cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Add pesto and stir to combine.
- Season with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper to taste. Serve immediately.