Garlic Mushroom Toast
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:05Cook Time
- 8 oz. button mushrooms
- 1 small shallot, minced – 1 Tbsp.
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced – 1 tsp.
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- garlic & herb cream cheese, to serve
- 2 pieces of toast sourdough, or favorite bread, to serve
- Wash the mushrooms in water, drain and pat very dry with a towel. Slice mushrooms.
- Prep the shallot, garlic and thyme. Toast the bread.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan on high heat until it shimmers. Add all the mushrooms and give the pan a quick shake to distribute the mushrooms in an even layer. Let them sit without stirring, about 1 minute or so.
- Watch carefully and lower heat if they begin to burn but keep it as high as possible.
- Toss mushrooms in the pan to evenly color. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and a Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper. At this point, add the shallot, stir briefly and cook for 30 seconds. Add the garlic, and half the thyme and remove from the heat. The pan should be hot enough to keep cooking everything.
- Spread the garlic & herb cream cheese on toast then spoon mushrooms over the toast, sprinkle top with some Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper, and garnished with the remaining thyme.
- Serve and enjoy!