Garlic Mashed Potato Cheese Balls
- 01:00Prep Time
- 00:24Cook Time
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 16 cubes quick-melt cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Stir Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic and potatoes together. Add Johnny’s Seasoning Salt to taste.
- Scoop out a golf-ball-sized portion of mashed potatoes, and press one cube of cheese into the middle.
- Close the mashed potatoes around the cheese and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Roll one of the mashed potato balls in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the breadcrumbs, until it is completely coated. Repeat with all of the potato balls.
- Place the coated potato balls in the freezer for an hour until firm.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a medium saucepan to reach a depth of two inches. Heat over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the potato balls from the freezer and carefully lower several at a time into the hot oil. Fry the potato balls until golden brown, for about four minutes.
- Serve hot with gravy for dipping, if desired.
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.