Garlic and Pea Soup
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 2 bunches green garlic (about 1 lb.)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Cut dark-green tops from green garlic and slice crosswise 1/2” thick.
- Slice bulbs and pale-green stalks crosswise 1/4” thick.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bulbs and stalks, season with Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and Seasoning Salt, and cook, until beginning to soften, 8–10 minutes. Add tops and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water to saucepan and bring to a boil. Add peas, reduce heat, and simmer gently until peas are bright green and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then purée soup in a blender with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, until smooth. Strain soup through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan, pressing on solids; season with Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and Seasoning Salt. Reheat briefly before serving.
- Beat cream with a whisk in a medium bowl to soft peaks; season with salt and pepper. Serve soup with a swirl of whipped cream.