Creamy Tomato & Chorizo Pasta
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
- 10 oz. dried rigatoni or penne
- 3 1/2 oz. chorizo, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 can cherry tomatoes (13oz)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (13oz)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 oz. fresh basil, torn
- 3 oz. light soft cheese
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Drain and set to one side.
- Heat a large dry ovenproof frying pan on a high heat and cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes, until it starts to crisp. Add the garlic and chicken and fry for 5 minutes, to brown.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then add 3/4 of the oregano, 1/2 of the basil, the soft cheese, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Add the pasta and mix well. Scatter on the mozzarella and the rest of the oregano.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with the Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and remaining basil. Serve warm and enjoy!
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.