Creamy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 10 medium / 5 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic puree (or crushed garlic)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons sour cream (or could use softened cream cheese)
- 4-5 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms (Gently slide a knife around the base of the stem and comes off quite easily) and wipe any dirt off.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter, and brush over the mushrooms, inside and out. Set aside.
- Finely chop the mushrooms stems.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat the remaining butter, add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic puree, stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Stir to coat the spinach in the garlicky butter.
- Once the spinach is wilted and reduced in size, remove from the heat, stir in the sour cream and then set aside.
- Preheat your griddle pan over a medium/high heat.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the center of the mushrooms, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic and place them on the preheated griddle.
- Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes – the mushrooms will be done when they are juicy, firm but tender and a glossy, dark brown color.
- To make the cheese an extra golden brown, place the pan under a hot grill for the last two minutes of cooking time.
- Let them rest for 2-3 minutes, then serve warm.