Coconut Lime Fried Shrimp
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp peeled + deveined, but tails left intact
- In a medium bowl combine the Panko, shredded coconut, flour, crushed red pepper, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- In another smaller bowl whisk together the eggs and butter milk.
- Dip the shrimp into the eggs and then dredge the shrimp through the Panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place the shrimp on a plate and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Add enough canola oil or coconut oil to cover the bottom of a large heavy bottom skillet and heat to 350 degrees F or medium heat.
- Fry the shrimp in batches flipping after 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the shrimp on a paper towel lined plate, repeat with the remaining shrimp.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.