Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the spaghetti noodles.
- In a large not non-stick skillet, melt the butter and thyme over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet, and stir to coat in butter. Leave them to cook for a few minutes undisturbed so that a nice crust forms. Stir, and repeat until the mushrooms are golden brown. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the mushrooms from the pan, leaving the butter and thyme in the pan. Add the oil to the pan.
- Use Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Pepper on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, and sear the chicken breasts on both sides in the same pan that the mushrooms were in. Again, let cook undisturbed so that a nice crust forms.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the heat down to low and add all of the wine
- Allow the wine to cook down slightly while scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get all of the brown bits into the wine.
- Dice the cream cheese and place in a large bowl.
- Discard the thyme sprigs from the pan, and then pour the hot wine over the cream cheese, and stir until it melts.
- When the pasta is done, drain it, and immediately pour it over the wine-cream cheese mixture. Toss the noodles to melt and evenly distribute the cream cheese sauce.
- Stir the mushrooms into the pasta bowl.
- Slice the chicken, and serve on top.