Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 00:20Prep Time
- 06:00Cook Time
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mixture of chopped onions, celery, and carrots
- 1-2 tsp. dried basil
- 1-2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1lb. packages mini potato gnocchi (about 4 cups)
- 2 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place the chicken, mixture (onion, celery, carrots), basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, Johnny’s Seasoning salt, and broth in a crockpot or slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, and gnocchi. Stir and replace cover.
- Cook another 45 minutes – 1 hour until the soup has thickened and the gnocchi has softened.
- While the soup is thickening, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and wipe most of the bacon grease out of the pan, leaving just a little bit for the spinach/garlic.
- Add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add any additional liquid as needed and season again with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper as needed.