Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 00:25Prep Time
- 01:00Cook Time
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 28-ounce can pureed tomatoes
- 16 ounce box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup each grated cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
- Sweat the onions in the oil with a three-fingered pinch of salt.
- Add the beef and cook it, breaking it up. Add a three-fingered pinch of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt or two, along with the dry seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for an hour.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water till it’s half done. Drain it and add it to the tomatoes.
- Stir it into the sauce. Taste it and add cheese and cover or transfer it to a large baking dish and cover it with foil.
- If refrigerated, bake it in a 400 degree oven till it’s piping hot. About 45 minutes if cold or at room temperature.
- Just before eating, remove the foil, cover macaroni with the cheese and broil till the cheese is bubbly.