Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 00:25Prep Time
- 01:00Cook Time
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 28-ounce can pureed tomatoes
- 16 ounce box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup each grated cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
- Sweat the onions in the oil with a three-fingered pinch of salt.
- Add the beef and cook it, breaking it up. Add a three-fingered pinch of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt or two, along with the dry seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for an hour.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water till it’s half done. Drain it and add it to the tomatoes.
- Stir it into the sauce. Taste it and add cheese and cover or transfer it to a large baking dish and cover it with foil.
- If refrigerated, bake it in a 400 degree oven till it’s piping hot. About 45 minutes if cold or at room temperature.
- Just before eating, remove the foil, cover macaroni with the cheese and broil till the cheese is bubbly.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.