Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- 00:15Prep Time
- 00:10Cook Time
- 1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the beef, breadcrumbs, salt, Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper, Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning, oregano, egg and water in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. (You may need to add more water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, to get a smooth mixture.)
- Take approximately 2 Tbsp. of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Press a cube of cheese into the ball of meat, making sure that the meat completely surrounds the cheese.
- Place the meatball on the sheet pan and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until meatballs are just done. (do not overcook or the cheese filling may start to spill out.)
- Place the meatballs on a plate and pour the marinara sauce over the top, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!