Cajun Chicken Penne
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 Tbsp Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, add chicken, 1 Tbsp olive oil and cajun seasoning, shaking to coat thoroughly.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in a grill pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream and lemon zest.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; add Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with chicken, garnished with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.