Broccoli & Tomato Pasta
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:25Cook Time
- 1 package spirals pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1small red onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3/4 cup grated asiago
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes.
- Steam broccoli florets until tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, olives, wine, oregano and red pepper and cook about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and broccoli to tomato mixture.
- Toss gently to coat pasta, and cook about 3 minutes.
- Season with Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and Seasoning Salt.
- Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.