Beer Brats and Potatoes
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
6 Klondike Goldust potatoes
2 Tbsps. Olive oil
2 cans of beer
1 pound of brats
1 large yellow onion, diced
5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. fennel seed
1 large red pepper, chopped
2 tsp. Johnny’s Steak Seasoning
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup diced tomatoes
- Pour the two cans of beer into an 8 quart pot. Heat to the temperature of a warm bath, add brats, onions and potatoes. Be careful not to boil as it will cause your sausage casings to burst.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil, and then add garlic, peppers and fennel. Lightly sauté.
- Remove brats from beer and pat dry. Braise brats in a fry pan until they are browned, then toss in a bowl with the Johnny’s, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- De-glaze the pan. With a slotted spoon remove onions and potatoes from the beer bath and put them into the fry pan along with the peppers to sauté until browned.
- Add onions and potatoes to brats and veggies then pour approximately ½ cup of the remaining beer-wash into the pan. Serve.
Johnny's Products Used
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.